Oahu Real Estate Market Picked Up in March 2023
Median condo price hits new high
HONOLULU – (April 6, 2023) – Locations—Hawaii’s leading real estate firm published its Oahu Residential Real Estate Report for March 2023.
- The Oahu single-family home median price fell by 5 percent in March from a year ago to $1,096,250, topping $1M for the first time since December 2022. The condo median price increased by four percent to $535,500—a record high. Month-to-month, median prices for both homes and condos jumped by 11 percent from February 2023.
- Single-family home sales declined by 28 percent from last March, while condo sales fell by 35 percent. However, sales are trending up and following typical seasonal patterns.
- At the end of March 2023, 575 homes and 1,201 condos were listed for sale, an increase of 48 percent and 25 percent, respectively, from last year. Although active inventory has increased in the past year, it remains historically low.
- 28.8 percent of single-family homes and 22.6 percent of condos sold for above the list price in March—in line with 2018 and 2019 market conditions.
- Single-family homes were on the market for a median of 37 days in March, while condos were on the market for a median of 24 days—an increase of 27 and 16 days, respectively, from extremely low levels a year ago.
“After a slow start to the year, we’re beginning to see signs of the Oahu real estate market returning to more seasonal patterns this spring,” said Chief Operating Officer for Locations Chad Takesue. “In March, median prices for single-family homes and condos increased by 11 percent over the previous month, while sales increased by 35 percent and Days on Market dropped by six days. The condo median price also reached a new high—pushed up in part by homebuyers who have been priced out of the single-family home market.”
“Rising prices, sales and bid-ups, along with falling Days on Market, point to continued buyer demand, despite higher borrowing costs,” Takesue added. “Lack of for-sale inventory also remains a challenge, even as new listings increased in March."
Locations recommends that homebuyers and sellers partner with an experienced Realtor® to better understand the performance of their specific neighborhood market.
Congratulations, you have access to Hawaii's most comprehensive Real Estate Search! Please help us to better serve you by answering these optional questions.
This email is already registered. Click the button below and we'll send you a link to reset your password.
You have already registered using your FB account.
Check your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. It contains a link to reset your password.
The agent who gave you access to this website is no longer with Locations LLC.
Due to local MLS regulations, you will need to re-register if you would like to continue your access.
We will pre-fill the registration form with information in our files. Once you click Register you can either select a new agent or one will be assigned for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience, Locations LLC.
Please contact your agent for access to LocationsHawaii.com.
Schedule a Virtual Tour
Request an appointment to view this property by completing the information below. Please note your appointment is not confirmed until an agent calls you.
Disclaimer: The properties we may show you may be Locations LLC listings or listings of other brokerage firms. Professional protocol requires agent to set up an appointment with the listings agent to show a property. Locations, LLC may only show properties marked "Active" and "ACS".
Keep your eye on this property! Save this listing and receive e-mail updates if the status of the property changes.
Share this property by completing the the form below. Your friend will receive an e-mail from you with a link to view the details of this property.
How can we help?
Send a message and we'll respond shortly.