The Locations Foundation, the charitable foundation of Hawaii’s oldest leading independent real estate firm, is seeking donations of school supplies for Hawaii’s keiki in need
For the 17th year in a row, the Locations Foundation will donate backpacks filled with school supplies to children in need across Oahu for its Backpack to School initiative.
“Backpack to School gives our most vulnerable keiki a chance to start of the new school year on the right foot, with the supplies they need to succeed in the classroom,” said James Chan, REALTOR® and partner at Locations.
Since its beginning in 2001, Backpack to School has donated more than 3,000 backpacks filled with binders, paper, pencils and more, to various local nonprofits.
“A backpack and a few simple supplies is a small gift, but it can have a big impact on the lives of children across the island,” Chan added.
Where to drop off donations
Members of the community are invited to donate supplies to the Backpack to School drive at the following Locations sites during business hours (Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) between Sun., July 1 and Sun., July 15:
- Diamond Head: 614 Kapahulu Ave. #300
- Kailua: 151 Hekili St. #120
- Kapolei Retail: 91-590 Farrington Hwy. #125 • Mililani: 95-720 Lanikuhana Ave. #120
- Pearlridge: 98-161 Kaonohi St. • Pearlridge Retail Kiosk: Pearlridge Shopping Center – Uptown
- Windward Retail Kiosk – Windward Mall - Kaneohe
- Additionally, supplies may be dropped off at any Locations-hosted Sunday open house
What supplies are needed?
- 1” binders
- Folder paper, wide rule
- Composition books, wide rule
- Colored pencils (12 pack)
- Crayola crayons (24 pack)
- Pens, black and red
- Highlighters, yellow
- #2 pencils
- Erasers, white
- Glue sticks