For the 18th year in a row, the Locations Foundation will donate 500 backpacks filled with school supplies to children in need across Oahu for its Backpack to School initiative. To help fill this need, the Foundation is seeking donations of school supplies.
“Backpack to School gives children in our community the opportunity to begin the new school year on the right foot,” said Jodie Tamaye, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® at Locations.
Since its beginning in 2001, Backpack to School has donated more than 3,000 backpacks filled with binders, paper, pencils and more, to various local nonprofits.
“We'll be filling 500 backpacks this year - it's a small gift, but we hope that it will have a big impact on our keiki,” Tamaye added.
Where to drop off donations
Members of the community are invited to donate supplies to the Backpack to School drive at the following Locations sites during business hours (Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) now until Sun., July 14:
- Diamond Head: 614 Kapahulu Ave. #300 (Same building as Side Street Inn on Da Strip)
- Kailua: 151 Hekili St. #120 (Near Boots & Kimo's)
- Kapolei: 91-590 Farrington Hwy. #125 (Next to Sushi Bay)
- Mililani: 95-720 Lanikuhana Ave. #120 (Next to Central Pacific Bank)
- Pearlridge: 98-161 Kaonohi St. (Near Bed, Bath & Beyond)
- Pearlridge Kiosk: Pearlridge Shopping Center, Uptown (Near Macy's, mall level)
- Windward Kiosk: Windward Mall - Kaneohe (Near Center Stage)
What supplies are needed?
- 1” binders
- Folder paper, wide rule
- Composition books, wide rule
- Colored pencils (12 pack)
- Crayola crayons (24 pack)
- Pens, black and red
- Highlighters, yellow
- #2 pencils
- Erasers, white
- Glue sticks