Hurricane season in Hawaii is officially here, but don't wait for an imminent threat to prepare. Follow these precautions now to ensure the safety of your family and home in the event of a hurricane.
Stock your disaster kit
Your disaster supply kit should include the following items, enough for at least 14 days:
- Water: One gallon per person per day
- Food: Nonperishable food that does not require cooking (e.g., peanut butter, protein shakes, dried fruits and nuts)
- Eating utensils and a manual can opener
- Radio: Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- Batteries (ensure that they are working)
- First-aid kit
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (in case of contaminated air)
- Sanitation items: Moist towelettes, garbage bags, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, baking soda or kitty litter (to absorb odors), gloves and plastic ties
- Pet supplies
- Miscellaneous items: Infant formula, diapers, incontinence supplies and feminine products
Prepare your home and yard
In addition to stocking your disaster supply kit, you’ll also want to take the following precautions to protect your home and belongings:
- Trim dead or weak tree branches
- Consider covering windows and doors with treated plywood, and using hurricane clips and straps to secure roof
- Secure lawn furniture, trash cans and other outside objects
- Ensure windows are shut tightly
- Clean gutters
For information on appropriate preparations, visit ready.gov.
Other useful links:
- NOAA Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- Hawaii State Civil Defense Preparation Plan
- Hawaii Hurricane Evacuation Shelter Map
Congratulations, you have access to Hawaii's most comprehensive Real Estate Search! Please help us to better serve you by answering these optional questions.
This email is already registered. Click the button below and we'll send you a link to reset your password.
You have already registered using your FB account.
Check your inbox for an email from email@example.com. It contains a link to reset your password.
The agent who gave you access to this website is no longer with Locations LLC.
Due to local MLS regulations, you will need to re-register if you would like to continue your access.
We will pre-fill the registration form with information in our files. Once you click Register you can either select a new agent or one will be assigned for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience, Locations LLC.
Please contact your agent for access to LocationsHawaii.com.
Schedule a Virtual Tour
Request an appointment to view this property by completing the information below. Please note your appointment is not confirmed until an agent calls you.
Disclaimer: The properties we may show you may be Locations LLC listings or listings of other brokerage firms. Professional protocol requires agent to set up an appointment with the listings agent to show a property. Locations, LLC may only show properties marked "Active" and "ACS".
Keep your eye on this property! Save this listing and receive e-mail updates if the status of the property changes.
Share this property by completing the the form below. Your friend will receive an e-mail from you with a link to view the details of this property.
How can we help?
Send a message and we'll respond shortly.