With a New Year comes new opportunities in the Oahu real estate market—if you know where (and how!) to look for them.
Favorable Market Conditions
- Competition for homes is easing, offering opportunities for first-time homeowners who have stopped actively searching for a home to enter the housing market. Those who are not yet homeowners should purchase a home as soon as they are able.
- New condominium projects are slated to enter the market in 2019—many of which will offer affordable units. First-time homebuyers, investors and those looking to plan for their future housing needs should act on these opportunities.
Opportunities for Homebuyers and Sellers
- Typically inventory-scarce neighborhoods will see new listings, providing more opportunities for homebuyers. 2019 will be a good market in which to trade up or find a home that better suits current or future needs.
- 2019 will be an ideal time for real estate investors to start, add to, or exchange within their portfolios.
- Those in the market for a luxury home or condo will have more choices in the coming year, thanks in part to significant increases in new condo inventory in the Kaka‘ako-Ala Moana neighborhood.
Headwinds for the Oahu Real Estate Market
- Interest rates will continue to rise in 2019, so prospective homebuyers should not delay purchasing a home.
- Home sellers will need guidance to develop a listing strategy for their home, taking into account competing inventory and sales velocity around their specific neighborhood or building.
- There will still be buyers who are actively searching for the right property; however, these buyers will face higher interest rates and will have more choices. Therefore, sellers will need to temper their expectations.
Congratulations, you have access to Hawaii's most comprehensive Real Estate Search! Please help us to better serve you by answering these optional questions.
This email is already registered. Click the button below and we'll send you a link to reset your password.
You have already registered using your FB account.
Check your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. It contains a link to reset your password.
The agent who gave you access to this website is no longer with Locations LLC.
Due to local MLS regulations, you will need to re-register if you would like to continue your access.
We will pre-fill the registration form with information in our files. Once you click Register you can either select a new agent or one will be assigned for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience, Locations LLC.
Please contact your agent for access to LocationsHawaii.com.
Schedule an Appointment
Request an appointment to view this property by completing the information below. Please note your appointment is not confirmed until an agent calls you.
Disclaimer: The properties we may show you may be Locations LLC listings or listings of other brokerage firms. Professional protocol requires agent to set up an appointment with the listings agent to show a property. Locations, LLC may only show properties marked "Active" and "ACS".
Keep your eye on this property! Save this listing and receive e-mail updates if the status of the property changes.
Share this property by completing the the form below. Your friend will receive an e-mail from you with a link to view the details of this property.
How can we help?
Send a message and we'll respond shortly.