If you'll be moving to Hawaii with your pet, you'll want to be sure that you do homework before purchasing or renting a condominium.
Locations teamed up with the Hawaiian Humane Society to provide Oahu pet owners a go-to resource for pet-friendly condos. Moving to or around Oahu with pets can be a challenge. Even though more than 60% of Oahu residents own pets, many buildings are not pet friendly.
What Makes a Condo Pet Friendly?
It's important to note that there's a difference between buildings that merely allow pets and those that are designated as pet friendly. A pet-friendly building will allow most types of pets, and will have building rules and amenities to make pets and their owners comfortable. A building that allows pets, but is not pet friendly, will allow pets inside but will have building rules that may include:
Restrictions on Breed, Size or Number of Pets Allowed
- Some buildings won't allow pets heavier than 10 lbs.
- Many buildings will not allow pit bulls or other breeds that have been deemed "dangerous"
- Some buildings may allow only one pet
Condominium Rules and Regulations
- Some buildings may have rules such as, "Dogs may not walk on lobby floors" to avoid owners of larger breeds of dogs.
- Some buildings may allow pets to use the service elevator only.