Week 3 recap
You can follow along with the Locations Foundation as we surprise one local charitable organization each day this month at facebook.com/locationsfoundation or on Instagram @LocationsFoundation. Here’s a quick recap from our third week of giving!
- Day 15: $1,000 worth of gift cards to Child & Family Service to help families in need
- Day 16: $1,000 to support Easterseals Hawaii, which helps people with disabilities and special needs to achieve their goals and live independent, fulfilling lives
- Day 17: Branded banner, tablecloth, tent and rolling cart for Kupu to use at various events across the state in its mission to provide hands-on training in conservation, sustainability and environmental education to Hawaii's youth
- Day 18: Jump ropes, basketballs, soccer balls and parachutes to American Heart Association of Hawaii to encourage keiki to have an active lifestyle
- Day 19: Brand-new refrigerator and mattress for Ronald McDonald House Hawaii, which helps families stay near their seriously ill or injured children while they're being treated at Honolulu-area hospitals
- Day 20: New wall pads and cuddly friends to Kids Hurt Too Hawaii to help comfort children who have lost a parent or caregiver
- Day 21: $1,000 to HomeAid Hawaii to help support them in their mission to assist individuals and families experiencing homelessnesss through housing and community outreach
Follow the Locations Foundations at http://facebook.com/locationsfoundation or on Instagram @LocationsFoundation to see who we will surprise for the last week of our random acts of kindness.
Week 2 recap
You can follow along with the Locations Foundation as we surprise one local charitable organization each day this month at facebook.com/locationsfoundation or on Instagram @LocationsFoundation. Here's a quick recap from Week 2:
- Day 8: $1,000 worth of landscaping to beautify the YWCA's courtyard
- Day 9: $1,000 to Hawaiian Hope to donate computers to children in need
- Day 10: $1,000 worth of $25 gift cards for meals and gas to Project Visitation, an initiative of Family Promise Hawaii that hosts monthly events to connect siblings separated by the foster care system
- Day 11: A new mattress, sheets and blankets, along with retail and gas gift cards to Ka Pa'alana Partners in Development Foundation, which serves homeless and at-risk families on Oahu's Leeward Coast
The Locations Foundation still has two more weeks' worth of random acts of kindness coming, so follow us at facebook.com/locationsfoundation or on Instagram @LocationsFoundation to see who we'll surprise next.
- Day 12: Sports bag, Hydroflasks, jump ropes and FrisbeeS for the children served by Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii
- Day 13: $1,000 to support Heroes & Helpers (formerly Shop with a Cop), a program of the District 5 Community Policing Team, which serves the Kalihi area
- Day 14: Lumber to construct new benches at Weinberg Village, transitional housing in Waimanalo
Week 1 recap
You can follow along with the Locations Foundation as we surprise one local charitable organization each day this month at facebook.com/locationsfoundation or on Instagram @LocationsFoundation. Here's a quick recap from our first week of giving!
- Day 1: A new computer for Women in Need (WIN)
- Day 2: $1,000 worth of canned goods, cereals and gift cards for the families served by Help, Understanding & Group Support (HUGS)
- Day 3: $1,000 for Read to Me International to help instill a love of reading in Hawaii's keiki
- Day 4: Shave ice surprise for the children served by the Boys & Girls Club Spalding Clubhouse
Day 5: Rolling coolers and gardening supplies for Hawaii's 3Rs to help beautify Hawaii's public schools
Day 6: New furniture in partnership with Ross Kalihi for The Institute of Human Services
Day 7: A new 43" smart TV, Blu-ray player and new DVDs for the waiting room of the Friends of the Children's Justice Center
About 30 in 30 for 30
Throughout the month of September, the Locations Foundation—the non-profit charitable organization comprised of Locations agents and staff will be carrying out 30 random acts of kindness, one each day, to 30 community-based organizations to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Foundation.
Dubbed “30 in 30 for 30,” the campaign celebrates 30 years of charitable work in the community by Locations agents and staff. Locations Foundation members have been surprising local family- and child- centered non-profit organizations across Oahu each day. By the end of September, the Foundation will have granted 30 wishes and made more than $30,000 in charitable donations.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see who we'll surprise next!